Expertise in an Hour with Thibaut
Date: February 5
Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Help your clients make smart fabric selections for every scenario.
Performance fabrics are now considered essential for use in both commercial and residential applications. However different products meet different needs. Do you know what is required to meet your client’s expectations? Is it clear which product to use when?
Whether you are new to the trade or have been specifying fabrics for years, this class will provide a unique framework for evaluating fabrics based on the end use in any environment.
During the seminar we will:
- Address specific requirements for the state of California including Prop 65 & T.B. Cal 117
- Identify the key attributes of performance fabrics; UV resistance, durability and cleanability.
- Review the standardized tests utilized to measure flammibility, abrasion and lightfastness as well as finishing techniques that can be employed to improve those results
- Discuss stain repellents and the various factors that affect a fabrics cleanability
- Establish criteria for understanding when and where this information is relevant based on the intended use
Patricia Hoffman is the Director of Wovens for Thibaut. She has worked in the industry for more than 18 years after graduating from Rhode Island School of Design with a Master’s in Textiles. The need for performance fabrics is close to her heart as she is married with two energetic children and a big yellow dog.
Gina B & Company
Phone: 949 643 1430
VENUEGina B & Company
23811 Aliso Creek Road Suite 136
Laguna Niguel , 92677
Phone: 9496431430 Google Map