Located in Laguna Beach, and inspired by the resort area’s natural beauty, colorful history, and vibrant cultural life, we have developed a distinctive style that draws on and reinvigorates classic Californian residential and commercial interior design. Working with simple natural materials, clean elegant forms, and richly varied textures, we create warm, modern interiors that are at once sophisticated, unexpected, and timeless.
Professional Affiliations / Awards:
- Member of ASID
- 2012 Interior Designer’s Institute’s Award for Excellence In Design
- 2011 ASID Gold Award for Best Commercial Space
- 2010 ASID Gold Award for Best Home Design over 3,500 sq. ft.
- OC Metro — Top 20 Women to Watch, March 2010
- House Beautiful “Top 20 Designers to Watch”, Featured in the December 2009- January 2010 issue
- 2009 ASID Gold Award for Living Room Category
- 2009 ASID Gold Award for Special Space Category (bedroom)
- Published in: House Beautiful, Luxe, Romantic Homes, Residential Lighting, Home Lighting, Laguna Beach, Orange Coast
About Lisa McDennon
After graduating in fine art from the University of California, Irvine, Lisa McDennon brought her superb rendering skills and knowledge of art and architecture to the world of interior design. Having completed the degree program at the Interior Designers Institute in Orange County, in 1997 she founded her own firm, Lisa McDennon Design, Inc., in Laguna Beach. A full-service practice specializing in residential and commercial projects, the firm is international in scope with projects in Thailand, New Zealand, and Fiji. Lisa has won several ASID Awards and garnered national coverage in such publications as House Beautiful, which named her one of 2010’s “Next Wave of Designers to Watch,” Romantic Homes, and Luxe magazine, where she was featured as a design industry “trendsetter.” Lisa lives in Laguna Beach with her husband and two children.